Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Rock N' Roll Express To Compete At The Crockett Cup

Would have a pic of them in their prime,
but this is the only photo I found that allows for reuse
On April 6th 2019, Nick Aldis made a somewhat head scratching announcement on Busted Open Radio. The Rock N Roll Express are completing at the Crockett Cup. Granted Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson are WWE Hall of Famers, and even more so. They're definitely in the top 5 tag teams of all time, if not top 3 of all time, however they are up there in age. On paper it doesn't make much sense to book a tag team that consists of two men in their early 60s, but like Tim Storm (being in his 50s) if they can still go they can still go.  So I looked up a couple of their more recent matches, and well it looked like their glory days were behind them, and it seemed wrestling fans on the NWA's twitter questioned the decision like I did ( although many also supported the decision, it was a mixed bag).  With all of the negative comments like I sure hope they get a first round buy or the even worse comment, Will Medicare cover broken hips?, you can't blame people for questioning why they are in the tournament. Of course you can leave it to the Rock N' Roll Express to silence critics, by retweeting  a video of Ricky Morton hitting a Canadian destroyer with the comment the old man can still go. That being said I am super glad I made this post today and not yesterday since I'd be putting my foot in my mouth. That being said although I'm not so sure they would win the tournament, but they'll give a cocky young team a run for their money and could at least make it to the second round. Hell if the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers can lose to the 2018 Oakland Raiders, anything is possible when you under estimate your opponent. Can't wait to see these guys silence the critics once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Peace Underground: Promotion Returns With Samsara Event.

First off sorry for the gap between posts, I was exhausted from work, I ran out of data on my phone until February 7th, and it didn't he...